Project translations not picked up when switching language in QField

Hi community :slight_smile:

I have a QGIS project in English with Vietnamese translations (layer names, layer group names, value relation), when I switch the language on QGIS desktop the project works as expected.

Based on Multilingual project support - QField Ecosystem Documentation I expected the same easy switch on QField too, but alas, not happening at the moment.

Expected behaviour:

  1. switch to Vietnamese in QField settings (phone language is still English)
  2. open the translated project in QField and see everything in Vietnamese

Observed behaviour:

  1. UI is in Vietnamese, translated project is still in English

More information:

Public sample project: Sign-In | QFieldCloud (at least I hope it’s public, it’s the first time I create one that’s not private)

QField version: 4.3.2

Some screenshots:

The strange thing is that this works as expected on a dev build from 29/07/2026 I installed by downloading the apk from Github.

Any pointers on things I’m doing wrong? Or is this a bug in QField?

Thanks a lot!

Since I have the feeling this is a bug in QField, I created an issue on github: Project translations are not applied when switching language in QField · Issue #8014 · opengisch/QField